Automotive Sound Mitigation
BETAFOAM AFI™ is an innovative, thermally expandable foam created for use in body-in-white for sound mitigation and to seal vehicle cavities.
The 3-dimensional foam expands by almost 3000 percent, successfully sealing cavities while reducing hard surfaces and absorbing vibration.
The expandable foam is significantly lighter than competitors, offering a 30-40 percent weight reduction. Our unique patented baffle design allows for superior E-Coat coverage and heat flow during body-in-white.
Betafoam AFI™ is a low cost solution, providing high quality results. Its effectual design can decrease body corrosion and passenger cabin noise in vehicles.
- Offers 30-40 percent weight reduction, helping to meet C.A.F.E standards.
- Successful sound mitigation and cavity sealant over large temperature range.
- Elimination of reflective hard surfaces.
- Excellent 3-dimensional coverage
- Strong seal based on 2600% – 3000 percent expansion range.
- Superior E-Coat coverage and heat flow.
- A-Pillar Upper
- A-Pillar Lower
- B-Pillar Lower
- Dog Leg
- C-Pillar Upper