Website Coastal Automotive
Purpose of the job
(1) The role is responsible for translating the customer forecast and release schedule into daily, weekly, and monthly production schedules.
(2) The role will coordinate daily production schedule for each work center with operations.
(3) The role is responsible for maintaining accurate and appropriate FG and WIP inventory levels.
(4) Laison between customer and production regarding demand and supply capability.
Key Measures include on-time delivery, OT factor, and inventory accuracy.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- MRP/PRP/EDI Translating: Effectively translate weekly customer requirements into a schedule that considers safety stock, level loading, and FIFO. Production Requirements Planning (PRP) management. Responsible for working with the IT department to identify broken EDI links.
- Work Center Scheduling: Use customer demand, plant fabrication lead times and historical performance data to schedule each work center. Communicate directly with the Operations team to ensure there is clear understanding of the daily and weekly schedule.
- Inventory Accuracy: Works closely with Team Leads to develop, audit, and improve the accuracy of inventory transactions to ensure accurate FG and WIP numbers.
- Schedule Changes and Expedites: Coordinate with customer service to implement customer requests for changes to the release schedule and potential shipping expedites.
- Scheduling Continuous Improvement: Lead problem solving activities and participate in corrective actions as they relate to production scheduling.
- PRP and PLEX: Provides process leadership to planning and scheduling inputs and outputs.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives: As an important member of the supply chain duty other duties will likely enrich this job. This document provides guidance and is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person in this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations or Industrial Engineering -OR- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and equivalent experience.
- 2+ years in automotive manufacturing field
- PLEX ERP knowledge a plus
- Basic computer skills including Office Suite
- Deep knowledge and ability to implement Pull systems and KanBan systems.
- Advanced Excel Capabilities
- Excellent communicator and problem solver
- Skilled at analyzing complex schedules
- Strong relationship builder and influencer
- Process management and improvement
- Production Requirements Planning (PRP)
- Familiar with ISO 9001 and/or IATF 16949 standards
- Experience in PLEX ERP Software or Equivalent