Website Coastal Automotive
Serve customers with industry-leading quality and delivery performance. Serve employees by cultivating a safe, high performance culture. Develop Team Coordinators with strong coaching skills. Serve the business with strong quality system discipline, consistent results and year-over-year improvements in productivity. Key measures include, OSHA Incident Rate, customer complaints, yield, scrap, labor efficiency, schedule attainment, on-time delivery and team member morale.
This role will provide support to our third shift operations.
Drive quality performance with clear expectations, robust on-the-job training, and timely corrective actions.
· Deliver daily, weekly and monthly schedule attainment performance across all key measures. Provide detailed analysis and countermeasures for variances to plan.
· Work closely with supply chain team to determine workforce scheduling needs across the plant on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Work with Operations management and Human Resources to optimize staffing levels, minimize overtime and maintain good morale.
· Provide clear direction, expectations, learning opportunities and ongoing feedback to team coordinators. Develop training plans to ensure broad and deep understanding of all operations and standards.
· Ensure all team members have the knowledge and skills needed to perform their jobs effectively and efficiently.
· Ensure all operator PMs are completed correctly and on time. Work with the engineering and maintenance teams to schedule more extensive PMs.
· Establish meeting rhythm to coordinate activities with team coordinators to review, analyze, and improve key measure performance.
· Supports program management to coordinate work and priorities to support efficient and effective launches of new products and new programs.
· Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Operations Management, or closely related field.
· 2+ years in manufacturing operations leadership role
· Experience in automotive industry preferred
· Leading People
· Excellent communicator and presenter
· Deep knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
· Six Sigma or other statistical problem-solving skills / 8D
· Lean Manufacturing
· Project Management
· ISO/TS, IATF16949
· Knowledge of PLEX ERP Software or Equivalent