Dear Coastal Partners:
These are confusing and difficult times, and the uncertainty that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has created for our employees, families and our communities is unparalleled. As we await actionable and objective data to guide our collective efforts, we intend to act with a full commitment to the safety and well-being of our partners.
Consistent with the belief that it is better to be safe than sorry, Coastal’s senior management team has closely monitored all communications and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We are taking all known steps necessary to ensure that we are doing our part to keep all partners safe and prevent the spread of this virus while doing our best to maintain normal operations.
Each Monday the Coastal management team will review lessons learned in the previous week, then make and communicate plans for the next eight weeks looking ahead. This week will focus on “distance and cleaning.” Key elements of the response plan we have put in place include:
- We have stopped all visitors to our facilities including customers and suppliers.
- Our sales team has been notified to postpone all meetings until further notice. You can reach
- your rep by phone or email for any discussions.
- Each facility will be provided the best available information regarding preventative and
- containment controls.
- All possible employees will work remotely.
- Significant and regular cleaning will be enhanced in all areas.
- Business travel both internationally and domestically is stopped.
In summary, Coastal is working hard to ensure that we continue to serve our customers while protecting the well-being of all our partners. We take the issues of pandemic response, crisis management and business continuity and disaster recovery planning seriously.
We appreciate your continued partnership and we hope this addresses your questions and concerns.