Website Coastal Automotive
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this position is to support the daily performance of associates and technicians. The Shift Leader ensures the team achieves production goals safely and in accordance within established cost, quality, safety and work standards. The role is essential to on-the-job training and coaching of team members.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Ensures work area maintains 5S discipline and materials, tools, etc are ready at start of shift.
- Fills in as needed to cover for tardy, absences, training, etc. within the team
- Train all team members in standardized work.
- Respond to team members’ requests for assistance: quality, material, breaks, etc.
- Monitors work cell and team members no less than once per 2 hours to ensure safety, quality, and schedule are on track.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and performs minor repairs, resets and process adjustments to ensure work is performed within standard.
- Maintain accurate records and update standards as needed. This includes, but is not limited to, the Skills Qualifications Matrix, scrap records, and Job Breakdown sheets.
- Ensures team members are well trained and maintain the discipline of work standards.
- Coordinates work across shifts and departments to ensure best practices with all team members.
- Skillfully confronts team member behaviors outside of established standards including work standards, quality standards, attendance, etc.
- Listens with empathy to develop a full understanding of the team members point of view.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities. Supports Lean Initiatives on cycle time reduction, down time, scrap reduction, etc.