Website Coastal Automotive
All We Do Is Safe And Sound
About the Opportunity
This is a terrific opportunity in a mid-sized growth company. The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing strong relationships with customers and other stakeholders; the energy needed to manage multiple projects; alignment with the values of Precision, Partnership, Determination and Innovation; and the ambition to grow with our expanding presence in Mexico.
Purpose of the job
This highly visible leadership role is responsible for leading our sales and distribution effort in Mexico. The role will drive growth with new and existing customers by coordinating sales and engineering activities throughout the country. The role will also Manage warehousing and distribution operations in Mexico.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Country Manager: Serve as the primary point of contact for all business matters in Mexico, including local and national regulatory compliance. Build the systems and processes needed to ensure timely responses to all customer inquiries. Develop strong relationships with key contacts at Tier 1 and OEM customers throughout Mexico.
Sales: Support all aspects of the sale, from pre-sale, including quotes, contracts, demonstration, through the launch and post-sale support process. Provide regular forecast information, customer insights and competitive information for the country. Develop and maintain strong consultative sales skills and deep expertise in products and applications.
Technical Support: Provide technical support to customers on specifications relative to the application of current products and technologies. Support customer requests for data packages and testing of current and new products.
Strategy: Work with the Sales and Engineering peers to understand and exploit new potential applications or competition in the marketplace.
Operations: Oversea the startup and operations of a warehouse and distribution center in Mexico. Responds to customer complaints by personal action or by securing assistance and support from others in the organization. Ensure the smooth transition and translation of all quality system and operational standards. Maintain all company supplied equipment and material in a safe, usable and serviceable condition.
Information Management: Maintain accurate and timely data in PLEX and other business applications. Keep team members and leadership informed with frequent trip reports and customer updates.
Project Management: Develop and manage project timelines, charters and deliverables using the fundamental disciplines of project management and the tools in PLEX ERP.
Support program management: Coordinate work and priorities with program management to support efficient and effective launches of new products and new programs.
Perform other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This document provides guidance and is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person in this role.
This is a terrific
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field. MBA a plus.
Experience: 8+ years of experience in mechanical engineering, technical service or technical sales role. 4+ years of experience in automotive or closely related manufacturing industry.
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Español.
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills. • Knowledge of automotive safety and sound specifications.
• Ability to travel throughout Mexico and the US (often on short notice).
• Working understanding of:
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) or experience with advanced statistical tools such as
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD) and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- ISO/TS, IATF16949Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and the competencies required by persons assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with this job. This job description is not an employment contract and Coastal reserves the right to change this description at any time