Website Coastal Automotive
All We Do Is Safe And Sound
Purpose of the Job
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the accounts receivable and collection processes. The role will support credit, contract review, budgeting, month-end close, general ledger, cost estimating, standard cost maintenance, and management reporting functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities
AR Monitoring: Review and analyze aging reports to identify bad debt risks and past due accounts. Take steps to work directly with customers to ensure payments are made within contractual terms.
Contract Review: Review supply agreements and quotes and ensure consistency with customer purchase orders and standards in Plex.
Aging: Investigate past due accounts and payment discrepancies. Identify and address causes. Ensure timely updates to GL and balance sheet as needed.
Budgeting: Develops and distributes monthly spending reports and reconciles account discrepancies.
Month-end Close: Supports the month-end close by reconciling accounts with the appropriate journal entries. Coordinates work with the VP of Finance and Coastal Group finance staff.
Cost Estimating: Supports the Financial Evaluation Summary (FES) process for quoting new business. Works with cross functionally to monitor and improve the accuracy of BOMs and Routings.
Procurement: Monitors the purchase to payment cycle to ensure spending oversight, compliance, and accurate GL accounts.
Reporting: Provide meaningful routine and ad-hoc management reports to support good decisions with valid information across the business.
- B.S. Accounting or Finance. CPA or CMA a plus. OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel Rochester Hills, MI 1-2 times per month.
- 3+ years of experience in Accounting field for a manufacturing company is preferred.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to use flow charts, statistical tools, and other techniques to diagnose business problems.
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify and eliminate root causes to process problems.
- Data Visualization: Experience using data visualization applications including Excel to publish trend charts, graphs, tables, etc.
- Excel Expert: Power user in MS Excel.
ERP: Solid experience in enterprise resource planning and business software. Plex knowledge a plus.